Welcome to the Palmyrah Development Board (PDB)
The Palmyrah Development Board (PDB) which originally constituted by Gazette notification of 18th August 1978 published in terms of Amendment No 24 of 1975 to the Sri Lanka Coconut Development Act No 46 of 1971 to carry out all functions in relation to Palmyrah plantations. Subsequently, PDB comes under the purview of Ministry of Prison Reforms, Rehabilitation, Resettlement & Hindu Religious Affairs by Gazette notification in 2015.
- Construction of Palmyrah Dissemination Centre.
- Thikkam Distillery Project.
- Creating Palmyrah Museum in the premises of Palmyrah Research Institute.
- Building Palmyrah Hut in the premises of Palmyrah Research Institute for showcasing and popularizing outputs of Palmyrah based researches to the SME sectors.
- First Step of “PALMYRAH WORLD ASSOCIATION"
- New Katpaham Super center Sales Outlet is opened by Hon. Minister Arundika Fernando at Negombo on 13th of December.
- New Katpaham Sales Outlet is opened by Hon. Minister Arundika Fernando at Kaithady, Jaffna. on 02nd of October 2020.
- Hon. Minister Arundika Fernando participated in the Navarathri Event at Katpaham Colombo on 23rd of October 2020.
- Palm Ice Cream was launched by palmyrah development board in cooperation with Alerics on 20th of February 2020.
Minister of Plantation
Hon: State Minister
Hon. Arundika Fernando
State Minister of Coconut, Kithul, Palmyrah and Rubber Cultivation Promotion and Related Industrial Product Manufacturing & Export Diversification
Secretary to the Ministry
Mr. Ravindra Hewavitharana
Secretary of Plantation Ministry
Mr. Krishantha Pathiraja
Palmyrah Development Board